Uryvskyi Leonid Oleksandrovych, Prof., Dr.
Head of Telecommunication Systems Department.
Gained the degree of candidate of technical sciences in 1983 and achieved the academic rank of professor in 1990.
Department of Telecommunication Systems (TS) was founded according to the decree (#1-170 from 27 of December 2004) of the Rector of NTUU "KPI" within Institute of Telecommunication Systems. TS department is accredited by the IV level and prepare students of academic program 6.050903 "Telecommunications", specialty "Telecommunication Systems and Networks."
Full-time education form:
- Academic program 6.050903 – “Telecommunications”. Qualification "Bachelor of Telecommunications" – 3 years 10 months.
Correspondence education form:
- Academic program 6.050903 – “Telecommunications”. Qualification "Bachelor of Telecommunications" – 4 years 6 months.
Full-time and correspondence education forms:
- Specialty - 7.092401 "Telecommunication Systems and Networks". Qualification "Engineer of Telecommunications" – 1 years 6 months.
- Specialty - 8.092401 "Telecommunication Systems and Networks". Qualification "Master of Telecommunications" – 1 years 10 months.
The main specialization of educational program are the principles of building and designing next-generation networks (NGN), interaction of existing and new telecommunications networks that are integrated in infrastructure for the transmission of any type of information (voice, data, video). Department TS combines the study of basic disciplines of traditional digital networks and new IP-based technologies in the NGN network created at the department. Students study:
modern switching centers of fixed and mobile networks;
circuit switching equipment, protocols and parts of CCITT7;
architecture and elements of intelligent wired, wireless, and optical-fiber networks;
gateways, proxy-servers and other elements of packet switching networks;
softswitches and interaction between networks of different generations.
These fundamental issues and many others are reflected in subjects:
- “Foundations of Telecommunication Theory”
- “Telecommunication Networks”
- “Cable and Optical Telecommunication Networks”
- “Wireless Telecommunication Systems”
- “Packet Switching Networks”
- “IP communication and NGN”
- “Information Security in Telecommunication”.
The department cooperates with leading communications companies, including the following: “Ukrkosmos”, SE “UNDIZ”, other R&D institutes, factories, which develop communication systems and components, private communication operators: “Kyivstar”, “Golden Telecomm”, “MTS”, “Astelit”.